One of the biggest festivals in the country is the Thimphu Tshechu. This festival is held in the capital city for three days. The Tshechu is witnessed by thousands of people, both local and tourists. The actual Tshechu is preceded by days and nights of prayer and rituals to invoke the gods. Mask dances like the Guru Tshengye (Eight Manifestations of Guru Rinpoche), Shaw Shachi (Dance of the Stags) and many more are performed.
Outline Itinerary (7Days/ 6Nights)
- Day 01| Arrival in Paro– Thimphu (1.5 Hrs)
- Day 02| Thimphu Festival
- Day 03| Thimphu – Punakha (3 Hrs)
- Day 04| Punakha Sightseeing
- Day 05| Punakha – Paro (3 Hrs)
- Day 06| Paro Sightseeing
- Day 07| Departure
*Reversed itinerary possible as per flight seat and hotel availability;
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON FESTIVAL BOOKING:
- For any festival bookings it is best advised to book and confirm your tour before 8-10 Months prior to your travel date for the reason flight seats and hotel rooms gets sold out like hotcakes. However, we can still try to shuffle the itineraries and help in making your trip possible if in- case you are delayed for booking.
- Kindly note that cancellation charges are strictly followed by Airlines, Hotels and any other services which are pre-booked. At-least confirm your cancellation before 60 days prior to your arrival date. Also the cancellation policy is NOT same in terms of Luxury hotels so please contact us for detail information as every luxury hotel has their own policies.
NOTE: We’re flexible and we know how to make planning easy for you. We can always help to customize the itinerary according to your choices and duration of stay..